CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Baseball and Being White

A busy weekend spent with friends talking baseball primarlily, but also some politics, lots of music, what's going on with families, who's died...all done with beer and mohitos. Sadly, an acquaintance of ours from high school days passed away. Al LaLeike was a good-hearted guy. It was always a joy to see him again.

I think I improved my chances to contend for the Little Nine title again this year. The first order of business was a trade to J. I traded Dontrelle Willis, Miguel Cabrera, Felipe Lopez and my second round pick for Todd Helton, Grady Sizemore and the top pick in the draft.

Not satisfied, I turned around and traded the top pick in the draft and Grady Sizemore for Ricky Weeks and Vernon Wells.

It remains to be seen whether any of these moves will help.


One thing on "white advantage" a topic of interest in the right wing of the Cheddarsphere. My gosh you people are twisted. It's been a little over 40 years since the Civil Rights Act and already you're complaining. Oh my, your "white disadvantage" has been whittled away a bit (I know you're saying there isn't one, but it's what you sound like).

Got news for you blockheads, we as a nation have a long way to go before centuries of advantage are evened or wiped out. If you think living the black experience as it is for many today is a choice, much the same as the choice all of you get to make in life, then you are more narrow-minded than I ever thought.

0 Swings of the bat: