CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 24, 2007

Random Thoughts on a Monday

Aaargh. If only the Brewers had not lost all those games with 3+ run leads. It does highlight their youth, though. I have been surprised that they have contended as long as they did. I truly thought next year would be the year. They're not out of it yet, but with the Cubbies playing the Sisters of the Poor the next six games, it doesn't look good.

My beautiful wife and both lovely daughters are sick with the flu. Can't wait until Wednesday or Thursday when the symptoms start popping up in me. Oh well. I know it will be miserable because Kelly is not a whiner by any stretch, but she has actually complained this time.

The Jena 6: I don't know much about this. I perused some articles. What I gather is this case is not as simple as some clowns on the right make it out to be. There has been anger simmering for some time on both sides of the fence. Kid brings a shotgun to school ... kids take it away and jump him (f**k, I would too). They get charged with theft and attempted murder. Gimme a break. No one is innocent here, but the charges are ridiculous.

Brett Favre looks almost 38 years old ... if judged by his running ability. Man, that arm, though.

Caught a mouse in one of those sticky traps. I named it Fred and then drowned it to put it out of its misery.

4 Swings of the bat:

Phelony Jones said...

hey, what's wrong with looking 38????

;)

Other Side said...

Nothing at all. Wish I were 38.

James Wigderson said...

Kid with the shotgun is not the one who was beaten.

Other Side said...

Like I said, it was a quick perusal. Should have been.