CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 22, 2006

I Remember Gene McCarthy

I was only 12 when Gene McCarthy shook up the political world with his quixotic run for the Democratic nomination...but I remember the excitement he caused. He was beaten down by the machine, but his legacy of leading and speaking the truth lived on.

Molly Ivins writes that she can't vote for leading Democratic presidential candidate, Hillary Clinton, for a number of reasons, which she provides here. I agree with Ivins. I'll say this for President Shrub, he takes a stand and sticks by it, even if its illegal and immoral. I'm not suggesting that the Dems need to follow his weaseling ways...but we do need a leader...and not someone who just says he or she is a uniter or turns in their stance to match the prevailing political wind.

0 Swings of the bat: