CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Howling at the Moon

Rick Esenberg recently commented about a post by Mike McCabe (some Democratic party guy ... I don't really know all their names) that, Esenberg said, ranted a bit about the listening audience of Charlie Sykes' show, and, presumably, talk radio in general (I have no link because one was not provided and anyway, that's not really what this post is about).

I found this paragraph at the end of Esenberg's post interesting.

I am gobsmacked by the fact that a presumably sophisticated and intelligent public figure actually thinks that talk radio's audience is made up of bible thumping young earth creationists. If you really think that folks you don't agree with must be a bunch of mouth-breathing morons, I suppose you never will encounter any ideas but your own and will continue to commit howler after howler in your isolation. If you think that you and your friends are oh-so-much-smarter, why take anyone else seriously? Why take the time to make sure that you know what you're talking about?

Aside from Esenberg playing a little bit of the victim game (oh those darn libs think they are so smart), one cannot help but wonder whether he feels as gobsmacked by the fact that four of the Republican candidates for president have admitted to disbelieving evolution in favor of the notion of the 6,000 year-old Earth (Sen. John McCain, Sen. Mike Huckabee, Sen. Sam Brownback and Rep. Tom Tancredo).

Oh those creationist-believing Christian candidates, they think they are so much more inteliigent by design than the rest of us. Talk about howler after howler just to capture votes.

8 Swings of the bat:

Billiam said...

Tim, you're making me chuckle. I am a Christian who doesn't believe in evolution, nor do I buy the 6000 year crap. I could go further, but I won't bother here. Have a good day, and say hey to the wife and kids!

Other Side said...

Personally, I think we all live on a speck of dust ... but we evolved from a mite.

Billiam said...

I'll bet you like Doug Adams...

Other Side said...

I have every one of his Hitchhiker stories. Don't Panic!

Billiam said...

Cool! I like him too!

Jay Bullock said...

McCabe is not a Democrat. He's to the left of most people, but he's a goo-goo that won't associate himself with any party. So he just runs the Wisconsin Democracy Campaign.

Other Side said...

Ah. Thanks for the clarification.

capper said...

42