CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 19, 2007

Operation Rewrite History a Success

From Jonathan Schwartz:

Four Years Ago
THE PRESIDENT: My fellow citizens, at this hour, American and coalition forces are in the early stages of military operations to disarm Iraq, to free its people and to defend the world from grave danger.

Today
THE PRESIDENT: Good morning. Four years ago today, coalition forces launched Operation Iraqi Freedom to remove Saddam Hussein from power. They did so to eliminate the threat his regime posed to the Middle East and to the world. Coalition forces carried out that mission with great courage and skill…

10 Swings of the bat:

Anonymous said...

I wonder what he'll have to say about it ten years from now? We went to stop the civil war?

Mixter

Billiam said...

More re-written History.
The Number of Democrats who said the same things Bush said at the start of the war.

Today; Bush lied. No mention of the Democrats.

I know that it's Bush's war, and his failure to prosecute it in a manner that would have led to a total victory has led to the situation that exists now. This does not excuse the Democrats from their part in it.

Other Side said...

You miss the point, Bill. We should never have been there in the first place. The entire Iraq exercise is predicated on a lie ... a lie that fooled many, Republican and Democratic.

Billiam said...

No, I didn't miss that opinion of yours. I simply disagree with you. My rule of thumb is simple. If you're not willing to fight a war to WIN, don't fight it at all. Had we fought to WIN, it'd be over by now.

Other Side said...

By your rationale, then, any war is good to go as long as we enter into it to win ... regardless of whether the battle is illegally begun or not.

Billiam said...

No, you're reading something into it that's not there. That's a bad habit to get into. As for illegal? That's a canard, and I think you know it. My point, that Bush hasn't fought to win. Had he, it'd be over. THAT is my only point, as far as the war goes. Not that all war is justified by that statement. Don't go moonbat left on me here.

Other Side said...

I don't agree. We went to war with Iraq under false pretenses and these were supplied by the Bush administration. Protestations they have made about being given the wrong information are not sufficient to absolve them. Even Colin Powell has admitted as much.

And, even the Bush administration has admitted as much by the evolving resaons for war they have provided the past four years.

Referring to me as "going moonbat left", by the way, is offensive. I have never referred to you in any way other than by your name. I may disagree with you, but I have never resorted to calling you names. I expect the same courtesy in return.

Billiam said...

I said to not go because I've always thought of you as well centered. (other than your obsession with McBride;-)) As I see it, everyone wants to blame Bush 100% for the war. While he deserves the lion's share of the blame, Democrats helped to give him authorization for the war. Dems, before Bush was even in office made statements with regards to WMD's. So all this preaching from dems comes off as hollow. My appologies if you were offended. It wasn't meant the way you read it.

Other Side said...

It's cool. At the time I wrote the post, I was getting a little overwhelmed with my 11-week old baby girl. One would not think a tiny little baby could cry so loudly (daddy was a couple seconds late giving her a bottle).

Billiam said...

NEVER deny the child her bottle! I've yet to hear of a child with weak lungs! LOL