CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 08, 2007

Doing a Pilate



13 Swings of the bat:

Billiam said...

That's just sick.

Other Side said...

Well, Billiam ... you're either agreeing that Bush and Cheney are sick, or you don't like the cartoon.

If it's the former, welcome to the club. If the latter, it got a reaction ... think about it.

Billiam said...

Not a reaction that you'd like, Tim.

Other Side said...

Fair enough. But I believe history will not look kindly on these two.

Billiam said...

We'll see down the road. Just ease up on the hateful republican crap if you're going to post stuff like this. It rings hollow.

Other Side said...

Not my cartoon ... though I agree with its sentiment. And what is there hateful. These two have the blood of thousands on their hands, both innocent Iraqis and American troops. That's hateful.

I don't for a moment believe they sent our men and women into Iraq for altruistic motives. This was about power, oil and settling a debt.

And the post above about the death threats to a pizzeria for accepting pesos, that's hateful.

I don't hate Republicans or conservatives. But I do have strong opinions.

Billiam said...

So let me get this straight. You HONESTLY believe that Bush and Cheney are so evil and corrupt, that they care little for the deaths of others. Sorry. I couldn't muster that kind of hate for Clinton or Carter. I have no use for it. We will never meet on this ground. We speak a different language.

Other Side said...

I don't hate them at all. I hate their policies. I think if given the chance, with Rove as the orchestra leader, they would try to pawn this debacle off on Dems in a second.

You say, Bill, you couldn't muster that kind of hate. That implies there is hate you could muster. That's too bad.

Other Side said...

I don't hate them at all. I hate their policies. I think if given the chance, with Rove as the orchestra leader, they would try to pawn this debacle off on Dems in a second.

You say, Bill, you couldn't muster that kind of hate. That implies there is hate you could muster. That's too bad.

Other Side said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Other Side said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Billiam said...

Not the kind of hate we're talking about. I hate abortion, does that make me bad? If so, how sad for those who don't? I don't hate people. I may seriously disagree or dislike someone, but I won't hate them.

Other Side said...

Then we are in agreement. I don't hate Bush or Cheney nor would I ever wish harm upon them. However, I do believe their policies have been enacted with disregard for others. Cheney said it all when asked why he got seven deferments from Vietnam, "I had other priorities." That statement struck a nerve with me, I think, as strongly as did this cartoon with you. It bespoke of callousness toward those who were serving, especially since that war was truly a middle class war.

I hate abortion too, but I would never vote to have a woman's right to her own body and her own decison-making removed.

I am genuinely sorry that this cartoon struck such a nerve with you.